Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Happy 4th of July, TCM update

July 4, 2015,

Happy Fourth of July!!!

Well, feverishly packing to get ready for our lengthy trip to visit my family. My son has been counting down the days to visit and I'm excited too. I had a last TCM appointment yesterday and left a bit deflated. My pulses were bad which I anticipated from lack of sleep.

They kind of sat me down for a heart to heart and said I absolutely must go back to daily herbs. I'd switched to every other day to save money and they weren't cutting it. They know my financial concerns and suggested I stop the acupuncture. When I reminded them I could be doing a FET in a few months there was a lot of back and forth quick talking in Chinese that I struggled to make out by facial expression.

Basically, they wanted me to start coming every week for new herbs and acupuncture. I'm leaving for MI though, so it was decided they'd do a super charged acupuncture session yesterday and give me a month of herbs. When I get back, they'd do weekly acupuncture to get my womb ready for transfer. They cut me a break too...half price acupuncture sessions. Thank you, God! I swear if I could get on an insurance plan that accepts acupuncture and chiropractic care, Heaven would really be smiling down on me.

For acupuncture, they did a two fold session. Normally, I just lie on my back and get the fertility acupuncture going, but yesterday, they had me start on my stomach. She put the needles on my back to really get my kidneys and kidney channel working. After a half hour she had me flip. The needles were a slightly different configuration and concentrated on pulling the menstruation energies down. She also did them straight up my scalp to the top of my head to increase Qi.

Afterwards I chatted with them a bit about my situation. Basically they said Qi is like a river behind a damn. When it breaks, it should flow quickly, freely and strongly downstream. Mine was trickling. "Soooo...basically, I'm so intuitive I'm like my environment, right?" He looked at my quizzically. "I'm in a drought. I need rainfall." For some reason, he thought that was hysterical. "Yes yes yes. Drought. You're in a drought."

Well, I was sent away and instructed to relax relax relax which is kind of MY mantra they've prescribed me. I also have a boat load of herbs to drink up. It's sad, but they don't even taste bad to me anymore. Never in a million years would I have believed them it was an acquired taste, but I drink it the same as someone would drink coffee in the morning.

I halfheartedly said maybe my body will cooperated and fall into line before our transfer and he said "I wish." Sometimes sensitivity is lost in translation, so I will interpret that as "That is my wish as well" and remove all the negative connotation I placed on it.

They insisted I give my mom a hug and discussed some health issues she was having. I had to chuckle. He said she should avoid surgery and get acupuncture, that they might help, but not as well as he would, "of course." I appreciate his confidence in himself ;)

Well, off to pack my bags. I'm really looking forward to our trip. It's the longest we've gone back, ever. Three and a half weeks. I'm not sure what will happen with our embryo adoption journey and when we'll be able to head back again, so I want Reed to get a good healthy dose of family. TV filming should be picking up right as we get back, so I won't miss but a week or two of auditions, and fortunately I can carry my "day job" with me anyway. With my husband traveling five days a week, some good family time is just what the doctor has ordered.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July! Much love.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment