Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Second Beta

March 2, 2016

Today was beta 2 day! I wasn’t as nervous going in this time knowing I had a strong number Monday, and I’d gone to the pharmacy to pick up my meds yesterday and taken a pregnancy test at Kaiser which turned immediately despite diluted urine, so I felt my numbers must be increasing.

Estrogen 535
Progesterone 42
HCG 2743

At first I got a bit uneasy because my numbers were slightly under the 48 hour doubling rate – 193 to be exact. I had a 89% doubling rate meaning my doubling time was closer to 52 or 53 hours. But, Google happy that I was, all the medical sites clearly stated doubling was 48-72 hrs when your HCG is up to 1200 and 72-96 hrs 1200-6000. After that it is >96 hrs. So, I’m still on the higher end of that.

Now, totally wish my coordinator had said that, but she DID tell me it’s a great number and not to worry it was slightly under. Still think the whole 72-96 hr doubling rate would have been worth mentioning, but ah well.

She did say my estrogen had dropped, but asked if tonight was my delestrogen shot. She said that was the reason. The day before my last draw I’d taken it, so it was on the lower end today because I’m due for it again. As far as my progesterone dropping a bit, I was a bit worried, but she said that they want it over 25, so even though it dropped, at 42, it’s still well over their mark they shoot for.

It’s so bizarre. This whole TTC journey is just so nerve-racking. I feel good and confident (after I talked myself down) but I just need to trust. So far this baby is growing nicely, so keep on little one.

My nurse from my OBs office called. Again, we went through the when was your last menstrual cycle. I’m not certain how many times I will have to say it doesn’t matter, I did a frozen embryo transfer on the 16th. I don’t think that is an option to plug into their computer, and they instinctively treat that as “ovulation” day projecting my due date, but I have to keep restating the embryo was 5 days old. She kept insisting I was exactly 4 weeks and I was saying, “No, I’m 4 weeks 6 days.”

Ah well, it will get sorted out. I go into my OB on the 23rd, so I will be 7 weeks 6 days. It will be exactly one week after my ultra sound with my RE. I wanted to try and push it a week, but they really were adamant I go between 7 and 8 weeks, so I think it’ll be fine. I still have to drive in for the blood draws at my fertility clinic because my insurance won’t cover them. The nice thing about this, is all my prenatal visits are covered, so I’m going to double dip as this for my second ultra sound so I don’t have to pay out of pocket at my RE for the second one.

I just can’t wait to hear the little heartbeat. There is such peace in knowing the heart is beating strong.
For now, I’m pregnant. The betas are looking good! My boobs are very sore, that is for sure and I’m tired. Other than a few moments of nausea this afternoon, I’m feeling great.


God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment