Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

10 weeks 5 days pregnant

April 12, 2016

Inching our way toward the end of first tri. My genetic appointment on Friday went well. A substantial part of it was taking all my family history and my husband's which really wasn't applicable in my situation, but she said I had the time and insurance covered it, so why not. I gave her what I know about the donors which is very limited. I had a bit more on the egg donor, that she was screened of genetic diseases and was cleared, so she said since she was 21 and cleared of those, there was minimal risk of our baby having something wrong.

So, I took the NIPT blood test. It was Illumina, and I was a smidge annoyed because I'd called them in advance to ensure it was MaterniT21. However, I'll give her credit, she called Illumina with me sitting right there and they said the test would work even if it was donor egg or embryo, so we proceeded. She told me the test results would be in, in 7-10 days, but it could be a few days sooner...I heard sooner ;)

She said she'd call me as soon as they had them, good or bad news so not to panic. Since I find out before my hubby girl/boy, I'm debating doing something to reveal to him and our son what we are having. Hmmm....

I also chatted with my RE about my meds. Friday night my coordinator said to cut my PIO from 2 cc to 1 cc and she discontinued my delestrogen shots. I also had my OB order the estrogen and progesterone test.

Estradiol 1510
Progesterone 52.8

So higher numbers. Yesterday, I chatted again with my coordinator at the RE's office and they put me down to 1 estrace (vs 3) per day for seven days and took my PIO down to .5 cc for seven days...then done. I'll be between 11 and 12 weeks pregnant, so she said the placenta will be working in full force.

So, now we wait for the phone call and for our NT scan next Thursday. We're creeping toward second tri and I'm excited to hopefully get a bit more energy and leave this crud behind. :) I'm just thrilled the baby is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment