Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

38 weeks 6 days

Oct. 26. 2016

One day shy of 39 weeks! I had my weekly appointment today and my NST / AFI appointment. All is well. Baby was sleeping so an apple juice and granola snack later and a little vibrator jab to the tummy and he woke up. I'm consistently contracting every 6 minutes, but I've just come to the plain ole conclusion I'm one of those lucky women who just contract for months before the big show. I guess my body needs lots of practice. What is that called, prodromal labor?

I'll be honest, I left a bit defeated. Last week with contractions every 3 minutes I was checked to be told I was barely dilated and 30% effaced, -2 position. This week, different doctor, 1 1/2 cm dilated, not effaced and -3 position...sooooo....less dilated. Less dropped. Ugh. Goes to show you how different doctors are.

I'm feeling a bit down I guess because I've just been feeling so sick. All day, every day. It was just when I ate before, now it's like this ongoing nausea, hot flashes, constant pressure and contractions. I can't sleep and am incredibly low energy. Where is this energy surge people speak of? I think I hit it early for a month or two and cleaned like a vixen, now I just want to curl up. I feel awful, because I know that sounds less than grateful for where I am right now despite everything, so, my apologies and embarrassment. I just really, really, really don't want to be induced. I had such a horrible experience last time and each day we march on near my due date I hit a stage of panic. I'm sure that isn't helping. I just need to relax.

Good news is when I expressed to my doctor (who was back today) that I really did NOT want to be induced she said we didn't even need to have that discussion yet because everything looked good. We scheduled my post term appointment for 40 weeks 5 days and I think I can eek by until that one without uttering the word again. So, that is good news. Last pregnancy, she was pushing induction every appointment. My husband said our babies just like to snuggle with me and I have a warm welcoming environment ;)

I've started rubbing on my oils and drinking my red raspberry leaf tea to help prime the pump. I am up to bi-weekly NST / AFI now. I go back Friday. But, my fluid has remained between 10 and 11.5 so all is good there. Baby is active.

I'm just plain in a cruddy mood. I think lack of sleep has a lot to do with it and not feeling well. But, all in all, everything is good. My son is getting pumped for Halloween and I promised him we'd carve pumpkins tomorrow. I do love the fall and the weather has been a bit cooler in the evenings so we've been going for walks which is nice.

I'll keep ya posted!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment