Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

39 weeks 1 day

Oct. 28, 2016

It was back to the doctor today for NST and AFI. Apparently, my contractions are still every 6 minutes going strong. He was a bit more active today and my fluid was the highest it's been at 13.6, so all is well. When she was checking the fluid, the tech pointed out why I've been contracting with no progress. Apparently, his head is a bit to the right of my pelvis so he's kind of missing the entry and not fully engaged. Until he straightens out, I'll just continue this unending pattern. My body is trying to labor basically, but baby isn't in place. She said I'm probably at least a week away...unless I go home and do some serious dancing and hip swivels. lol The reality is they are present, sometimes uncomfortable, but not painful. If it was seriously painful I'd have been swiveling and doing lunges on my way out the building.

Well, I did grab the exercise ball from the garage when I got home to blow up. I'm debating not doing anything to actively encourage it though until after Halloween. Sounds silly, but I really hope he isn't born on Halloween. It's such a fun kid's night and I don't want him always overshadowed with it. And, to be honest, we have a fall festival at church tomorrow night with trunk or treat that I'm suppose to work, I'm suppose to be cooking cupcakes for church Sunday and the big Halloween potluck and trick or treat Monday night my son is looking forward to going to with all his buddies. I want him to have a fun Halloween. I'm saying all this in theory...our little snowflake staying cozy until next Tuesday wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Maybe I'll start swiveling my hips after trick or treating Monday ;) Or, maybe he'll surprise us earlier. Who knows.

The good thing is, he's doing well. He seems happy as can be in there. Myself, I'm definitely to the point of uncomfortable. I have to do the roll to get up out of bed or off the couch and I apparently have developed reflux at night. I can't lay flat or stomach acid comes up. Pairing that with four or five bathroom trips per night, my sleep is out the window. Small price to pay though, right?

I had an awesome day with my son yesterday. My husband was working and I decided it would be a fun day for just us two. We stayed in our jammies late and read books and played trucks. Went for a beautiful walk in the somewhat cooler morning weather, made lunch together, snuggled and napped. Then, we did pumpkins at night and my husband brought home pizza for dinner. It was really nice to hang with him. I know he won't be the "only child" much longer and my time with just him will be fleeting. He will always be my special baby...it just takes my breath away to think he'll be four soon. They say it goes fast, and wow, does it ever. I look at him and literally get teary eyed. I love him so much. I'm so proud of what a sweet boy he's grown into and his sensitive, heart. He's such a lover. He will honestly be the best, most protective, caring big brother ever. Our little guy is so lucky to have him.

God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment