Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Acupuncture, Herbs and Healing

Nov. 21, 2014

Well, it was back to acupuncture yesterday. The good news, I was "huun how." Apparently, my translation before of "gun how" was incorrect. It's with an "H." I did however recognize "how" right off the bat!

As soon as she said it I started repeating it! "how? how? hun how?" They started laughing and she was nodding. "Yes, yes, good, stronger. Jayou!" Again, forgive my feeble attempt at phonetically translating Chinese.

My pulses were much stronger today. Yippee!! They were also pleased when I told them my period lasted 6 days and although lighter than the average Joe Schmo's flow, it was red, a consistent flow versus spotting and the heaviest it's been since Reed was born.

Win. Win.

We did acupuncture and my tenderest spot was directly over my left ovary. Last time my ovaries were tender it was my right, so I'm wondering if the ovary growing the dominant follicle each month will be more tender. I suppose we'll see as months go on (but I'm reeeeaaally hoping I get a positive before too many cycles elapse.)

It was chilly in the office today, but with the heat lamp over my abdomen, it heated up nicely in there and it was a very relaxing session. It was nice to just zone out for a bit. My pulses at the end were even stronger.

All in all, it was a good day. She said to keep on with the acupuncture and nourishing herbs. I've also been doing my castor oil packs and my femoral massages so I'm thinking that increase in circulation has been helpful.

Today is CD11 and I noticed a temp dip which coupled with a bit of fertile CM could mean my estrogen levels are rising (which builds the endometrial lining and ripens that egg!!) Fingers and toes crossed for a normal cycle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment