Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Embryo Adoption Awareness Day

Nov. 25, 2014

Happy Embryo Adoption Awareness Day!!! Did you know about it before my blog? If so, you were leaps and bounds ahead of myself. I only became aware this was an option about a month ago. I'm still struggling with if this will be our path as I feel deep rooted in my soul my body is healing and my bio baby is coming soon (say that with that deep voice from the movie previews...)

I do however think it's important to get the message out that Embryo Adoption is a beautiful, affordable choice that gives beautiful snowflakes a chance at life! I also think it's important that people who have embies on ice know there are options other than just letting them sit freezing for decades or be thawed and disposed of. So many people that have undergone IVF know the struggles of fertility and every single embryo or egg harvested is a precious life in their eyes created through a harrowing journey of often blood, sweat and tears.

Our friends who have five embryos was telling me the other day she doesn't know what to do and doesn't want to just donate them because it'd sicken her not knowing what kind of family they had. I told her about embryo adoption and she was astounded. She could choose the family her babes went to. She could even have the choice to keep in touch, or end the relationship there knowing her babies went to families with similar ideals.

A very cool option for the donor and the adoptee. So, take a moment to learn more about it. You can adopt, and still experience a pregnancy, delivery and nursing your baby.

I saw this link to a snowflake necklace and thought if I ever do decide to go this route, I will wear something like this in honor of our miracle, and to raise awareness so others can learn what a cool option this is.

In other news, two blazing OPKs. One yesterday and one this morning. The timing is right for that of a "normal" cycle if my body follows through. All other sings point to fertile too. CD15 here! Fingers crossed. We had our first son on Thanksgiving, so maybe this little one will have a little Turkey Day story in him or her too.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment