Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Approaching my D Day Anniversary (Diagnosis)

Jan. 13, 2015

Well, I'm approaching my one year anniversary from D day. Diagnosis Day. One year ago today, I went in to the doctor to see why I hadn't started bleeding after my "chemical pregnancy" only to find out I'd never been pregnant. The positives were false due to a low level of HCG in my system from being "post menopausal" and an excessively high LH. My labs didn't actually come in until the 14th and on the 15th I got the email (yes, EMAIL) from my doctor basically telling me I was a dried up old woman. He was a bit kinder, but not much.

I thought it'd be depressing as I approached my one year mark, but I'm doing ok. I realize that despite the horrible prognosis, being told my hormones were beyond repair and dismissed as being past the point of return, I have resumed ovulation. My uterine lining that was less than paper thin now bleeds the proper amount. My debilitating night sweats that had my husband sleeping on the couch because I soaked the entire bed, haven't occurred in a year. My horrible insomnia is gone and in it's place is restful sleep. I've no hot flashes, am able to concentrate without feeling like I have ADHD and am more even keel. I've gained the weight I need to, have made significant health changes in my life regarding stress, diet and positive outlook.

All in all. All good things.

On a slightly different note. I found a new product I've been really happy with. I've spoken so much about how important magnesium is. Well, I found a product that is more easily absorbed than most dietary supplements. It's called Natural Vitality. If you order from iHerb use code POD190 for a discount as a new member. $5 off free shipping over $20

I started using it and it's helped with sleep and stress. My husband who is in school right now and prone to high anxiety started taking it too and it's helped him a LOT! Start with only 1/2 tsp a day and work your way up to the dose you need.

I was back to acupuncture last Saturday and all seems to be going well. As always, my Qi was better after my session, but they seemed hopeful my period would come this week.

Stay tuned. As always God Bless and keep the faith! 

No comments:

Post a Comment