Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Excellent TCM Appointment

Jan. 31, 2014

Great news today. The second my TCM doctor took my pulse she looked up surprised and started saying "hung how hung how." Translation? Very good very good!

Yay! I blurted out "I like the sound of that!" I told her I'd gotten my period the day after my last appointment. They asked the color, if clots, duration and if the flow was normal. Red, no, four days with two spotting, normal. She was thrilled.

After my session, she took my pulse again and was visibly excited. She started talking a mile a minute in Chinese. I kept looking between her and her husband hoping for a translation. He just burst out laughing and said "She's so excited. Very happy! She's flushed. Hot!" Apparently, she was getting so pumped she had to take off her sweater.

All in all. Great appointment. She leaves for China for a few months on the 10th so they want me to fit in one last appointment with her next Saturday. I was going to try switching to every other week, but I want one good last acupuncture session before she leaves. Her husband will continue to do my sessions and herbs while she's gone, but I think I will definitely switch to every other week at that point. Mainly, for financial reasons, but secondly, it's not his expertise. He's a brilliant TCM and I trust completely capable and competent with fertility issues, but a good time for me to switch. I'm already down to herbs every other day.

If this all wasn't so darn expensive, but like my husband says, it's working. As I was choking down my herbs he told me to "slam it down! They're working!" Thanks, sweetie!

Until next week, I keep doing to same old same old.

Something else I've been thinking about. I remember my friend telling me (before I was diagnosed) that she just felt awful because I was ALWAYS sick. Like constantly. I wasn't sleeping and any bug my son got...so did I. It dawned on my I've been remarkably healthy. I think I got two colds and a UTI the later part of last year. My son was out of school for throwing up, fevers, and had numerous colds. I've avoided all of it. Just goes to show you when you are stronger overall, how much better your immune system is. Pretty amazing!

God is in control. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment