Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Happy New Year

Jan. 6, 2015

Happy New Year!

I feel like I've been away so long from writing, but it was a nice break. It was a great time with family and not "stressing" or over-thinking fertility issues.

Where to start... Well, I'm feeling good. I went down to every other day herbs and I think that's working for me. I had my supplements carefully sorted so I continued those during my vacation. I did cheat and took a few OPK's to see where my hormones were and I did get a few positives. It was timed around other fertile signs (cm and cervix) but I stopped taking them so I'm not sure what the follow through was. I wouldn't know without my thermometer anyway. However, all fertile signs disappeared around the same time, so I'm hopeful :)

I did get an acupuncture session when I was back. Although, not exactly what you'd expect. My aunt took a certification course in acupuncture for the ear. If you look at an ear it bares an uncanny resemblance to a fetus. The theory is, there is a point in your ear for every area of your body.




She placed five needles in my ear all representing a different channel. You can see the spots above. The Shen Men is the spot I rub at night to relax and alleviate stress before bed.

I googled more about it, and here is an interesting article.

http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/abc/nadaprotocol.php

She also put on my ear a magnet that would help me mentally relax. She said it would stay about a week. When I'm started to feel stress I rub it gently. I snapped a picture. You can barely see it. Look closely, I circled the magnet under flesh colored tape. No one has noticed it so far.


My same Aunt who did my acupuncture also shared with me that a close friend also was diagnosed with POF. Her sisters were as well. She told me that this person had done DE IVF and offered if I ever wanted to talk to her, to let her know. Isn't it remarkable, I grew up knowing this women, and her children and never would have guessed her path.

I told my Aunt that if things don't happen naturally (but I'm certain they will) that we had discussed embryo adoption and I may take her up on her offer at a later juncture. This women also had one biological child before diagnosis. Amazing how many women suffer from fertility problems and just don't share. I'm guilty of it myself.

Other than that, back to acupuncture on Saturday. For now, I'm just using supplements and doing my yoga, meditation and prayer. I'll get fertility acupuncture and an updated dose of herbs on Saturday.

All in all though. Feeling good. I'm feeling strangely at peace with everything right now.

God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment