Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

PUPO plus one day

  Edit: I never published this blog post for fear people would read it before I was ready. After our transfer was negative, I never wanted to publish it, but I've always been transparent about our journey, so feel I should... It still hurts.

Dec. 2, 2022

Well, yesterday was the big day. My labs had come back nice from my final appointment on Weds. Lining was 10.69, estrogen was 520 and progesterone 494.

So, yesterday morning, we got the kids off to school and scurried to the doctor's office. We had one little hatching embryo. They didn't regrade it after thaw, but he said it was high quality and it was good news it was hatching. When we looked at the photo, we both kind of giggled. It looks like a snowman. We decided we'd refer to this little embryo as Frosty. 




There were two photos. The one they gave us and one slightly progressed moving out of the shell that they put up on the screen. I got in my very exposed position, he threaded the catheter, the embriologist came in, and boom. Done. It is always neat because you can see the embryo go in and snuggle down. It's a little burst of white light.

After that, I laid there for ten minutes, emptied my bladder (thank you God!) and we headed home. My husband was sweet - got everything ready for me before he went to work. Got soup ready for me to reheat in the fridge, sparkling water, tea, popcorn, a butterfinger in case I needed something sweet and off he went.

My doctor didn't want "bed rest" perse, but just to take it easy, Rest and relax. So I turned on some tv and did some work. After school, my youngest came home for a snuggle - oldest was at gym, and then they went to his baseball pizza party. I got teary eyed, my husband sent a video - he earned "Best Sportsman" for the season. Pretty much the highest honor in my opinion. He is actually REALLY talented at baseball. He's six, but clearly very talented. His understanding of the game is uncanny.

Last night I did all my meds and slept downstairs. The PIO shots are really hurting this time. I feel like it's really hard for me to get moving. My muscles are just so achy. I don't know if I'm doing them too low, or just that is how my body is responding this time. The Lovenox stung a bit, but I actually don't have any bruising this morning. I wonder if the bruising will get worse as we go because my blood will be thinner.

Today, more just relaxing and working from home. This weekend I'm sure will get a bit more hectic with kid's schedules. I'm just suppose to take it easy. Not lift more than 10 lbs for a while and not to heavy exercise, no sex until heartbeat. Walking is fine so I'll start that back up tomorrow.

All in all, pretty good. Hoping this little angel snuggles in for the long haul. We love Frosty already!

No comments:

Post a Comment