Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

CD3 (maybe?) Test

Oct. 29, 2014

Well, I'm not certain it was truly CD3 yesterday, but given I have been spotting since last Thursday evening and had about a two hour flow of blood, I decided this was as close as I was getting to a cycle for now and decided to call my doctor for the test to look at hormones. It's so funny because I'd been dreading do it, but my TCM requested it on Thursday and I started spotting. Talk about God nudging me, huh? When all is said and done, I prayed and felt that I could peacefully handle the news, good or bad, and it was what was medically needed to continue treatment with my TCM.

Drum roll please...

Hormones upon diagnosis last Jan.

HCG - 7
FSH - 136
LH - 98
Estradiol - <12

Hormones yesterday Oct 28, 2014

HCG - 1
FSH - 48
LH - not taken CD3, but OPK is negative
Estradiol - 89

So, huge improvement right?

The one side of me was a bit bummed because it still is within "POF" levels, but the other side (the angel on my shoulder) is reminding me that my body has healed tremendously.

If I want to really analyze, CD3 numbers on this, as grim as they appear are better than what they were. HOWEVER, if it was an anovulatory cycle and these aren't true CD3 numbers, that is better news for me yet as any other time in the cycle these numbers could feasibly be that high even for women without POF. I'm making a conscious decision to not analyze it anymore.

For CD3, doctors like to see FSH below 9 and estradiol below 80. If above 80, it could artificially suppress the FSH number slightly. It's funny, I wanted a higher estradiol last time because it was 0 and I essentially had no estrogen in my body, so in a way, I'm glad it's higher, I just wish it were later in my cycle.

And, my levels before were POSTmenopausal and are now technically Perimenopausal (under 50) so THAT is improvement, right?? So, I've hormones more of an upper 40 / early 50 year old versus a 120 year old. Talk about winding back the clock, eh?

So, from here, I'll bring my numbers to my TCM tomorrow or Saturday depending on my husband's work schedule. I guess we just proceed with what we are doing. It seems to be working, I feel great and have no POF symptoms. I just wish it didn't come at such a high price tag. It's really been taking a toll on us financially.

At this point, I just truly do have to trust and have faith in a miracle. As much as I want to "will" it to happen, God is in control, and I trust him and him alone. It gives me comfort because if I had to trust myself to make it happen, I know my faith would falter. It's easier putting my faith in God above.

As for me emotionally, I'm going in and out of being at peace with it, and just being a bit emotional. I'm having my fair shake of "it's not fair" and "why is this happening to me" but this time, it's not nearly as devastating. Far more than those moments, I have a calm about me that things are indeed improving, and I've an odd peace that it will all work out. It will be fine.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment