Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

An athletic "Old" lady

Oct. 2, 2014

October already? How did this happen?

Well, I had my first dentist appointment since starting my own toothpaste regimen. And although I needed a minor filling along my gum line for over brushing (receded gum line that was exposing a nerve) he said my teeth looked excellent and very white. First time he'd actually said "very white." My gums were exceptionally healthy. I didn't have the heart to tell him I was making my own.

Side note - I read an interesting and scary article last night about how horrible some toothpastes and cleansers are to the environment. Check it out. I'm a Michigander, so very scary stuff.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2014/09/18/great-lakes-pollution-microbeads-soap/15817501/

Also at the dentist this morning, they checked my blood pressure. 98 over 53 which is standard for me, but if you look at the blood pressure chart, that is where an athlete is.

So, hormones of a 120 year old decrepit woman, vitals of a young athlete. Go figure.

I also want to show off my pedicure. I haven't painted my nails since January because of all the chemicals in nail polish, but my husband's friend is the owner of piggy paints and I love the idea. And really, who says adults can't use the stuff, right??



or you can get it on Amazon

Other than that, still plodding along. I'm still reading that excellent book, It is Finished by Nerida Walker, taking my herbs and keeping up with my yoga and meditation. Before my appointment, I did take a HPT in case since I knew they were x-raying and the positive was fainter. The OPK was in your face and my other fertile signs are a go. We'll see what happens.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment