Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Possible Chemical Pregnancy

May 31, 2014

Well, the good news, I finally got a BFP. The bad, I started spotting within hours and bleeding shortly after that. I'm trying to look at the optimistic side of this. I can conceive. Whether it was egg health, poor endometrial lining, low progesterone, etc that prevented the pregnancy from "taking" I don't know. BUT, and the big BUT is, it's a step in the right direction.

I know the naysayers will say it may be the POF elevating HCG hormones, but remember, the last time, I had no endometrial lining, had not ovulated, my hormones were preventing me from ovulation and the thing that led to diagnosis was that I never did bleed.

Five months ago, I started treatment with the dismal diagnosis that I would never ovulate nor conceive. Three and a half months ago, I ovulated. Each month my LP got longer. This month, I conceived.

It was a pitiful faint line and I didn't even tell my husband because I wanted to make sure it darkened tomorrow (remember, a faint positive led to my diagnosis of POF) but when I started spotting I told him right away. I told him to not get too excited because I was spotting and my temp had dropped today, but I did get a positive pregnancy test. I said it was good news really...my body was obviously getting stronger, my eggs healthier...for whatever reason it didn't take, but we knew it COULD in the future.

I tested ridiculously early because we didn't know my actual ovulation date this month. I was either 8 days or 10-11, but I decided to test today because I'm taking herbs and wanted to discontinue at the first sight of a line.

I just called my TCM. They also agree it was most likely a chemical pregnancy, but actually seemed very happy at the news. They told me to reduce my herbs, but keep taking them. In the off chance it is a viable pregnancy, the herbs will support my system until we get a more strong positive. I am to call them with any change.

This journey is definitely a rollercoaster, but it has certainly humbled me. I said a long prayer and have put my trust in God. I have prayed for a HEALTHY pregnancy and HEALTHY baby, so if this was not a healthy egg, God and natural selection know. On the off chance it is implantation or hormone fluctuations, we will know soon enough.

For now, I am at peace knowing my body is healing. It's come SO LONG! The fact I was able to conceive defied all odds and I KNOW I will be able to conceive and go on to have a healthy baby. I know and trust.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment