Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Mid Cycle Confusion

May 21, 2014

Well, I'm not exactly sure what is going on with my cycle, but I'm fairly certain I ovulated or am about to. This is the third day of raised temps, but my cervix was still SHOW (soft, high, open, wet) and I still had fertile cervical mucus so I wasn't completely sold on ovulating quite yet, than this morning I got a positive OPK. I'm not entirely certain what could have caused my temps to rise (my son was sick, maybe a slightly elevated temp battling germs??) but I think I ovulated late last night or early this morning. I know for most people a positive OPK means impending ovulation, but for the last two charts and my chart that I conceived my son, I ovulated that day or the day before my positive OPK.

Why? Basically, I think I have short surges. I drink a lot of water during the days, so the only true time I can get a reading is FMU (first morning urine.) Since LH doesn't surge until mid-day, which is why they recommend mid day testing (I've tried, I drink way too much and can never get a concentrated sample) I have to test in the morning. So, whenever I get a positive, it is usually the day after ovulation and I am catching my LH surge trailing off. Sometimes, I can catch it just before I ovulate. They say ovulation impending in 12-48 hrs...with the average 24-36, but I just think I'm closer to the 12 hr window. I did test last night. My urine was quite diluted and there was a relatively dark test line, so not quite positive, but again, I think the dilution was the cause. After getting my positive today, I'm pretty sure that test would have been positive had I not had 32 oz of water between dinner and testing ;)

I guess we'll see what my temps do over the next few days to know for sure. The good news is, all signs point to O again. This will be three cycles in a row. And, if ovulation was yesterday that would be two charts in a row with a CD13 ovulation. It's nice to see a pattern emerging. Let's hope for a longer LP this time. Although, my funky temps may make it difficult to get a true read on it's length. I'm cure my TCM will analyze my chart and get a better feel than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment