Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Kicking the Cold and Determining O

May 27, 2014

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. To all the soldiers who have lost their lives and to their families, my heartfelt thank you. I cannot imagine that sacrifice.

Well, my TCM confirmed Saturday that I ovulated. Which day, we aren't entirely sure. We're waiting to see the charting pattern overall once AF arrives. According to the FAM method (Fertility Awareness Method that states three high temps after six lower you ovulated) it was last Sunday. If you base it solely on the OPK it was anywhere from Weds-Friday... Fertility Friend placed it at CD16 on Friday, but I know that isn't accurate because my cervical mucus and cervix weren't fertile. All my previous cycles I had those signs at least through ovulation and sometimes extending into the next day.

My gut tells me it was either CD13 or CD14. I typically ovulate just before I can read an OPK (I know not the norm, but I only can catch a surge in the morning, so if it began the day before when my urine was too diluted, I can't read it until the next morning) or the day of a positive OPK. I wouldn't care so much which day it was except we are working so hard on extending the LP. Ah well. I'll just rejoice I ovulated again and concern myself with that further on down the road.

So basically I'm either 9DPO, 6-7 DPO or a mere 4 DPO (which I don't believe for a chance.)

My visit with my TCM on Saturday was great. Although I have a cold (which yes, they were able to detect through my pulse, and they knew it was in my sinuses without my telling them) my pulse was still stronger than last time. Dare I say, very good :) Yahoo! How did they know about the cold? They said my pulse was floating and rapid. Interesting, huh?

Depending on when I start menstruating, they think we will begin acupuncture again next visit. I inquired more and they said four visits to get my blood flowing really well to my reproductive organs and then three sessions to "prepare for pregnancy." So, seven total. They will be weekly, however since I'm planning a three week vacation at the end of June, I'll ask if they prefer we wait to start acupuncture until I get home.

I did ask if I were to conceive before the sessions were done if it'd be detrimental to the baby or increase my chance of miscarriage, and they said no. If I were to get pregnant, that means my body is strong and ready to carry a baby, so they'd just discontinue my treatments. IF there were any problems during the pregnancy, call them and we'd address if acupuncture can help.

My last pregnancy I had low amniotic fluid and was monitored very closely my last four weeks of pregnancy. I have to remember next visit to ask them about this and if there is anything I can do to help prepare my body to avoid that, or if it were to occur next time, if there is anything they can do to address that problem.

They did give me two separate batches of herbs while I was there. One week to address my cold and the second week back to fertility. I asked why and he explained that the herbs they use for fertility are to nourish me, so if I took them while I was sick, I would be nourishing the virus too, extending how long I am sick. I never thought of it that way before. The taste is definitely different in the "cold blend." I will say, it really kicked my cold's butt though. It's Tuesday and I feel good as new. Typically, I'm prone to sinus infection and once it sets in, it's tough to kick it, so I was pleasantly surprised by that.

I'll keep you posted. For now, I'm three for three. Not bad for the woman who they told had dead ovaries ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment