Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

So far so good

July 31, 2014

Well, I've been off herbs for almost a week now and so far so good. I've been sleeping great. I woke up a few times last night, but the night before I slept from 10:30-5:30 without waking up at all. I literally cannot remember the last time I've slept that long and hard. It was heavenly!!! My sleep started improving about five days before stopping herbs, so I don't think it was the herbs adversely affecting it. I also haven't been having any mini hot flashes. I was getting them here and there - nothing drastic like they use to be, but enough to unnerve me.

My hormones seem to be cooperating. My temp had been elevated for about a month and over the last week, just before discontinuing herbs, my temps have been dropping. I've also been getting fertile cm and cervix. I took a HPT test today to see and hardly any line at all. It looked more like an evap after it'd been sitting out for an hour so I think the low HCG has dropped even lower, or disappeared in my system. We'll see over the next few days if I ovulate and can verify it with a temp hike.

All in all. Doing pretty good. I was worried taking a break from the herbs would slow my progress, but maybe my body needed a break from everything. Or, maybe my body is just on an upswing and it'd be working even better with the herbs. Either way, I feel like conquering the horrid UTI and healing my body of that is the most important for overall health (and fertility health.) Who knows how long I'd been battling it.

I must also add my super exciting news. A friend of mine who has been battling infertility is pregnant. She is the one who introduced me to my TCM. She went to them her first round of IVF and got pregnant. Her second round, she didn't, and didn't get pregnant. Although they pulled some eggs, the quality wasn't great. Her third round, she did acupuncture and herbs for a six or seven month round and they pulled 18 mature eggs, 15 fertilized which were all viable at day 5. At transfer day there was a near perfect one and one pretty darn close. Her u/s is next week.

Her doctor was amazed at the difference the eight months made between transfers and asked what they'd done. Fasting. Prayer. TCM and acupuncture. He was baffled and told her she could be a donor. For any naysayers, there is something to this. The only difference between round 2 and 3 was TCM and acupuncture. The faith, prayer and fasting were there all along. The bible tells us to prepare our fields.

I never knew it'd be in the form of needles and a sludge concoction of herbs, but hey, I'm busy preparing my field. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment