Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

UTI Back with a Vengeance

July 27, 2014

Well, my UTI diagnosis was apparently accurate. Bad news...it never went away. Just got a whole. lot. worse.

I started having lower back pain on my left side on Tuesday and started feeling pressure on Weds in my abdomen. Every time I went to call or email my doctor though, it'd feel better and I figured, why cry wolf? It started getting worse, but was mainly in my back so I thought I may have pulled something or been holding my son strangely. Thursday morning, it was undeniable. A whole lotta pain!

I saw one of those over the counter tests at Target to test, so I thought, well, before I hand over my $40 co pay at the lab I might as well give it a try. It said to hold your urine for 4 hrs to get an accurate result, but it hurt so I went after about an hour and a half hold and it couldn't turn any darker. I had the darkest positive you could get. An email to my doctor and I had a prescription waiting. She had me leave a sample at the lab, but didn't want me in pain waiting for it to process.

Lesson learned? Although my TCM said the meds wouldn't interfere with herbs, I'm not so certain the herbs didn't interfere with the meds. So, off my herbs for the next five days. There are no dangerous interactions - just maybe lessened the effectiveness of the meds. Also, the UTI meds from before were for when I was nursing so different than a standard scrip.

The good news is as soon as I started taking the meds Thursday, my body seems to be falling back into a rhythm. It's funny how even one little imbalance in your body can throw the whole thing off. My last visit with the TCM they said my kidney channel was weak - well, sure makes sense now. The kidney channel is responsible for all reproductive and urinary function. With one awry, it easily throws off the other. I started noticing fertile signs immediately. So, good news. We'll wait and see if my hormones are going to pull through.

Oddly enough, even with the UTI, the last week my sleep has been AMAZING!! I don't know what it is, but the best sleep I've had for as long as I can remember. Then again, I've been doing a lot of praying, so that may be the reason. Handing over my stress and problems = no mind running during sleep.

I'm feeling thankful today. Thankful for my sleep. Thankful my body is falling back into a rhythm. Thankful for my amazing family. Nothing beats a year and a half year old covering you with kisses.

**Just an update. The doctor called this morning and my cultures showed a bacteria that was drug resistant so they are putting me on a different medication. Bummer is, it'll be seven more days...so ten days off the herbs. This will be interesting to see how my body responds. We'll see if it's regulating on it's own a bit or still relying heavily on the herbs. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment