Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

TTC - One year Down

Sept. 26, 2014

Well, Sept. 23 was our one year TTC (Trying To Conceive) anniversary. It's been a wild ride this year. Lots of ups and downs. The downs are rather obvious, but the ups, well, here you go...

1. I've grown closer to my Lord and Savior. I've come to the conclusion that without Him I am powerless. I'm continuing to grow in his word and have Faith. And my Faith tells me I will be a mother of CHILDREN, not CHILD.

2. I do not take my family for granted. My husband and myself have been through the ringer. We've been challenged physically, emotionally, mentally, financially and psychologically, but we've not only survived, but grown stronger. I value every single second with my son. He is truly a miracle and has been God's greatest gift to our family. Being his mother is my greatest privilege in life.

3. I've learned a wealth of information about my body. From studying Eastern medicine, to aromatherapy, crystals, yoga, meditation, chiropractic care, massages, etc. I thought I'd learned so much our first time trying, but the minimum I learned about charting, cervical mucus and cervix position was the tip of the ice berg. With my diagnosis came a whole new world, or perception of the one I was living in. I've broadened my perspective and understanding on so many conventional things in our society. It's been enlightening and invigorating.

4. We've made huge life long changes in our family to reduce toxic exposure. We eat healthier, are physically active, have done away with any toxins we can do without. I feel positive and confident that we are setting good examples for our son, and setting him off on the right foot. I wish him lifelong happiness without physically or neurological ailments that could have been prevented.

5. I've met some (excuse my language) real KICK ASS LADIES!! From my own personal friend who has struggled beside me in TCM fertility, to ladies in mother's groups to ladies in forums and online support groups. Although we may not all see eye to eye on treatments or outlooks, it's so encouraging to have people to turn to. They constantly make me think, reflect and learn. The grit, determination, faith, strength and humor of the ladies struggling with fertility is unparalleled. I've also found comfort and support within the small group of family and friends that are aware of my diagnosis. Their prayers, support and encouragement are precious and appreciated.

6. I live for the moment. True, I get caught up at times in the what if's, but the truth of the matter is, I have the here and now. I trust I WILL be pregnant, but wasting precious moments now fretting over how soon that will come has worn me down in the past and it's not worth it. My baby will come soon, and while I can, I'm enjoying spending extra time with my ONE son now before he has a sibling. Extra time with my husband NOW before we've another child. Extra time pursuing my career, before I've another year off gaining my footing again.

7. I have learned to reject my diagnosis. Who needs it. I'm a strong, healthy woman who likes being a momma, and ya know what? I pretty damn good at it. I'm just looking to add to be brood. So there!

Life is good. So, instead of grieving it's been a year, I am celebrating every positive thing that has come out of all this. It sounds cliche, but what doesn't kill you DOES make you stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment