Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

By His Wounds You Have Been Healed

April 3, 2015

I have been humbled by the support you all have shown me. I got several messages of women going through POF who could relate to my struggles, despair and frustration. Thank you.

My mom, who reads my blog, text me that it could very well have been an in utero issue, which sent me into a tailspin panic that she somehow read I blamed her for all of this. We chatted and she knows I don't :) Love you mom! She did say however that I was born with a branchial clef sinus (kind of alike a breathing gill that didn't close) as well as no enamel on my baby teeth. Both of these were issues that had to do with in utero.

From what I could find, around week 18 it says ovaries with eggs have formed, but I'm not sure if that is when it is complete, or it all develops around that time. Around 28 days (six weeks in pregnancy terms) in utero tooth buds are formed and by eight weeks all the tooth buds of baby teeth are complete. Mineralisation starts to occur around week 14 and completes around birth. By twenty weeks permanent teeth start to develop. As far as the branchial clef sinus, I could only find that around 5 weeks major head and neck structures develop. How long they develop and when they should close, I do not know. Anyway, all interesting things.

She was a teacher so she said IF that is what happened, we'll blame her germy first grade children she was teaching that year.

I have to tell you, I have a wonderful group of mommies that I've been friends with online since being pregnant with my son. Over the last three years, we've supported each other through, deaths, miscarriages, new jobs, infertility and about every single thing you can imagine. I told them the results of my appointment, and within minutes two local women had offered me their eggs and one said she had been talking to her husband for some time about my diagnosis offered me her frozen embryos. To say I was stunned, humbled and emotional is an understatement.

I told the two women who offered their eggs that it was a painful process and I could never ask that anyone do that on my behalf. The woman who messaged me about giving me her embryos, I was speechless. She is currently pregnant now and I said as touched as I was, until she and her husband knew for sure they were done with children, I couldn't possibly accept. I asked that we revisit this over the course of the next year. I would never forgive myself if I took two of her embryos and they decided they wanted more children and her remaining ones didn't thaw properly, or I got pregnant and she didn't... Just the offer was so beautiful and it really made me grateful for all those mommas out there who have been so supportive. It made me feel like if that is a route we go, God will provide. I trust our baby or babies will come to us with ease.

As I reread my post from the other night, I want to be clear, I'm not "giving" up. I'm giving over. God is taking care of me. God is healing me. I feel like it's significant that here, on Good Friday, I am finally relinquishing control. God sent his only son to die on a cross for us. To take away our sins. To take away our diseases. To heal us.

1 Peter 2:24
He Himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. 
By His wounds you have been healed.

As we approach Easter trust...By HIS wounds YOU have been healed. Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment