Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

A ZIT ladies and gentlemen

March 5, 2014

Drum roll please… I’ve got a ZIT! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, most people groan about them, and so did I, but I have not had a zit since before I was pregnant with Reed. I thought I was just one of those lucky pregnant women whose skin sparkled…but it turns out it stayed clear afterwards too. I counted myself lucky, until I realized when my world came crashing down that estrogen causes skin breakouts and the reason I didn’t get any, was I didn’t HAVE ANY ESTROGEN! Gulp.

So, yes, last night, I was giddy to see a pimple. Right smack dab in the middle of my forehead. Today – shiny skin and a positive OPK test. I’m trying not to get too excited because it could just be a crazy LH surge from POF, but, it could be, wait for it… Wait for it…OVULATION! Gasp! I had some fertile CM and a HSO cervix. For those not in tune with the fertility world and various forums out there, that is fertile (egg white) cervical mucus and a high soft open cervix. Maybe not the most glamorous tracking all that stuff, but it sure helps monitor what my body is doing, or trying to do for that matter. Let’s see if my temps rise over the next few days.

Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment