Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Discouraged

March 11, 2014

Well, I’ve no idea if I ovulated. My temps rose, but then appear to have dropped. The drop however, may just be my insomnia kicking in L I wake up every morning between 3-4 and have trouble getting back to sleep so have been temping then. So, it might just appear low. Who knows. Have to wait and see I suppose. I do know, my LH is still down. Except for those two surges, I haven’t had a positive again. In fact, today was barely noticeable so it must be done quite low…dare I say normal levels??

My son has a nasty cold and I feel awful I can’t nurse him. I know how good my breast milk would be for him right now and how much nursing soothed him before when he was sick. Fortunately, I have breast milk still in the freezer. I know it’s nowhere near as good as fresh and he isn’t getting the antibodies that pertain to his illness right now, but I do feel a bit better knowing he has it still. Oh, God, please let me know I made the right choice. Sigh.

I’m getting upset again in support groups. People calling into question the “dangerous” things herbs do. Well, yes, if you just take them half hazardly with no guidance, research or discretion. I just want to shout, so you would rather take chemicals that have been produced in a lab that have PAGES of side effects and things to look for? Many of which are KNOWN to lead to cancer and various conditions that will need MORE drugs? Arg.

I don’t fault anyone for using traditional medicine, but it just boggles my mind our Western view of medicine. We take things to address symptoms! Not fix issues! And, forgive my making that blanket statement, because OBVIOUSLY medicines are wonderful and help so many people. I am incredibly fortunate to live in a time in history where we have options, but don’t fault me for exploring mine. My belief is God put every single treatment for every single disease at our disposal here on this earth. Naturally. Why not use God’s creations and gifts to heal ourselves.

Our eating clean is going really, really well. We’re about 90% all organic now, and we don’t eat any prepackaged items, except for those clearly marked non-GMO or Organic. We’re both feeling great. Still limiting dairy (no milk at all) except for occasional cheese or yogurt and trying to keep those as organic options when we do. I really feel good setting healthy examples for my son too.

As you may have guessed, I’m having a “struggling” day. The sun is shining and I’ve no reason to, just a bit emotional.


God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment