Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Fitness, Health and Chocolate Shooters

March 1, 2014

Well, I’m sleeping a bit better. I started charting again because of some signs my hormones were regulating, but I realize how inaccurate my temps must be with all the tossing and turning. Day two of my meditation went better.  I think I only woke up four or five times, but I was able to go back to bed each time which is a drastic improvement.

My chiropractor recommended bathing with Epsom salts three times a week to detoxify. I did some reading, and it also helps with calcium absorption. Apparently, you need magnesium to absorb calcium, but the body doesn’t absorb magnesium from supplements too well, but the baths make you absorb it through your skin. A big side effect of POF is osteoporosis because the body doesn’t make the hormones to absorb calcium. At the very least, it should help with that, but I know for fertility you need a good calcium intake too. Can’t hurt. On my nights I don’t do my castor oil pack, I’m bathing. It helped calm me for bed. And, really, a lovely hot bath was heavenly!

It made me giggle to lay in the bath reading my infertility book amidst all my son’s bath toys. Don’t worry my love, you will have a brother or sister to play with. I know how boring it must be to play with me and dad all the time!

Last night, I took a nice steamy shower and then did my castor oil pack. Afterwards, I put in my fertility yoga DVD and did that before bed. I was actually impressed how well I did after years of not doing any. A dear friend of mine who teaches yoga agreed to help me with some fertility poses whenever we are able to meet. I’m planning to go see her Monday. She’s one of the few people who know about my health issues right now, so I know it’ll be good to not only do the yoga, but relax and catch up with someone I can speak freely with.

My husband is a crack up. I think the herbs are absolutely nasty, but even though we are clean eaters now, organic, healthy, etc he brought home a dozen bite size brownies for me from his catering shift. After drinking the horrid TCM med’s I can have a “shooter” of chocolate. That is love!

His Fitness Hub site is really taking off. He created it on Facebook to inspire people to lose weight and stay healthy. He did it because he wants to look better, but quickly realized that it makes him FEEL better too. With my pushing an all organic, clean eating house to limit toxin exposure for health reasons, we both are really striving to be as healthy as we can be. We need to for our health and to set an example for our son. It’s forcing us to try a lot of new things and be creative and I know the page is doing the same for others. It’s inspiring us with new ideas and recipes when people post.


Well, signing off for now. My son will be up soon and I need to work. Gotta pay for all these acupuncture and chiropractic appointments somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment