Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Take a Chill Pill, Em

March 14, 2014

Well, my insomnia is kicking my butt. My mom sent me a link to sound therapy and I tried it last night. It was peaceful , but I couldn’t fall asleep. I resorted to 1 mg melatonin, but woke up wide awake at 1 am. I’m sure my husband was grateful because I came downstairs and started a batch of steel cut oatmeal in the crockpot. I took another melatonin to finally get back to sleep. I hate taking those stupid pills, but sleepless nights and then full days of chasing Reed and working takes a toll.

I saw a link today posted on a POF support site about the worst foods to eat on Dr. Oz. Fascinating stuff. Really makes me question everything I’ve ever eaten. I can’t believe how the FDA allows so much junk in our foods. It’s been proven to lead to infertility and yet, nothing is done. I get it…it’s too “expensive” to not use the chemicals, hormones, pesticides, etc, but when are we going to wake up and realize it’s our health?

How frustrating that eating “healthy” foods actually does the most harm because there is so much pesticide on them.  I’m feeling guilty already for not buying the organic blueberries for my son to eat. Gulp. And all the canned goods we had stocked in there before switching to Organic. I never knew tin cans needed to say BPA free. Who knew BPA was in metal canned goods? I thought it was only in plastics. Arg. I’m learning as I go. I just hope not too late. Bad Emily! No negativity. I’m HEALING. HEALING. HEALING.

Anyway, just venting my frustration.


God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment