Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Gotta Get it Out There

April 8, 2014

Well, I think it’s safe to assume that I did NOT ovulate. Bummer. First time I thought there was a good probability. My temps were raised, and I’d had a corresponding OPK and high, soft open cervix. Well, onwards and upwards. Bound to squirt one out eventually, right?

For any readers who are struggling with this disease, here is a link to a petition for POF.


The devastating thing about this disease, aside from the OBVIOUS devastation, is that no one is doing anything about it. Most cases of POF are unexplained. Very little research is being done to find out what causes it outside of the “normal” reasons, why it happens or how to treat it. Because, as I’ve discussed before, they only have medications to treat the symptoms – HRT or birth control.

There are limited studies that have been done, but not nearly enough. Heck, when I was diagnosed, I had NO IDEA that this could even happen to anyone. What do you mean my ovaries just stopped working?? How does that happen?

So, what we can do for now is sign the petition and start talking about it. (um….as I write in my private journal on my computer…bashing head into desk…let’s see ladies, can I take my OWN ADVICE???) That will require a lot of nerve. No one knows about my struggles yet except for my parents, my husband’s parents, my siblings and three select friends. It’s hard not to feel broken.


Hang in there and God bless. Praying for my healing and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment