Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Just "Emily"

April 9, 2014


Ok, so I’m not sure why this JUST occurred to me, but my “legal” name and “acting” name are not the same, and honestly, no one cares about my last name anyway here, right? We’re all just taking it one day at a time. So…why am I hiding behind the fact I don’t want casting to lump me with the “infertile” girl before the actor. When I’m more comfortable, maybe I can use any professional status I have (believe me…not a whole lot there right now) to help the POF community in some way. For now, maybe that’s just the incentive and courage I have to start a blog as just “Emily.” I don’t know why I’m so nervous to come out with my infertility struggle. I think because no friends and very few family members really know all we’ve been dealing with. It’s also all so sensitive. Do I really want people judging? Adding their own two  cents? Telling me I’m doing it “wrong?” If people know we are trying, they know we are, well… Very private. And, I’m a VERY private person. It’s all so painfully personal. I’ll continue to pray for strength and guidance. I know unless people step up and talk about it, nothing will change, but, YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment