Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Green Light Green Light

Nov. 12, 2015

Well, yesterday I got the official green light. My lining is at a 9.1 with a great pattern. I was worried it was too skimpy, but my doctor explained the minimum they want is 8, ideal is 10 so a 9 ain't half bad. He said he looks more at the pattern, which was really good.

I did get a chance to chat with him a bit about how many embryos to transfer as well. We've decided to transfer one with the understanding that if it thaws and degrades in quality measurably that we would like a second thawed. He said we could either dispose of the one or transfer it as well. I gently assured him we'd like to transfer as well. I know all don't agree with my sentiments, but after all this praying and wanting a child, I don't feel like it's up to me to decide it's fate. If it's still alive, it deserves a chance. If it's poor quality, it will probably die or "arrest" as they like to say, on it's own. I don't feel like playing God to make it so. If it takes, than that little babe certainly deserves life and thank God I didn't stop it. Anyway, just our own personal view and decision regarding how many to transfer.

I also clarified a bit about how strict bed rest is. He basically told me it isn't lying flat all day, that I can get up, go to the bathroom, eat, stretch, more just be a couch potato and take it easy. I'm going to stay with a friend Monday and Tuesday so I can relax (she'll be at work during the day) without my nearly three year old wanting me to constantly play. Just thinking about the tears and arguments with daddy about wanting mommy (because let's be real, he'll want the parent that CAN'T be with him at all times) brought on stress. It'll actually be nice. I haven't had girl time with my friend since before we were married.

Saturday is one last acupuncture visit and I'd love love love to get in for a massage on Sunday some time to just absolutely relax every single muscle in my body.

I started my progesterone inserts last night, my steroids today and will start my PIO shots tonight. Those babies are huge and have a lot of thick oil injected into the muscle. The hubs is out of town, so I'll be wielding it myself. I did well with my estrogen shots in the tush, so I just need to think of it as the same thing.

It's all starting to become VERY REAL. I'm really excited. I'm focusing on positive outcomes and refuse to let the negative come into my mind. In four days I will be PUPO. "Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise." After almost two and a half years of trying, it just gives me chills. I know some women go through so much more and for so much longer. What a journey it is. Keep the faith. I am.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment