Sometimes God has a different path in store for us. After being diagnosed with POF, I set out on a journey to "repair" my body and get pregnant naturally. Somewhere along the line, although pristine health and self care is my goal, the necessity to "prove" the doctors wrong became less important and we sought the perfect solution to grow our family. We decided on Embryo Donation / Adoption. Read about our journey. Blessings!

Less Than a Week Away

Nov. 10, 2015

Well, it's really sneaking up on me! Last Weds I went in for my first ultrasound. I was a bit apprehensive about my lining. Since I'd had my period Thursday - Sunday, I was fearful there wouldn't be anything there. Surprisingly, not only did I have a lining, but it was already to 6.3mm and had a triple stripe. My doctor had told me the ideal for transfer was a bare minimum of 8mm and ideally around 12mm. We shall see tomorrow where I'm at.

My mom actually came with me to my appointment last week. She likes to "put eyes" on what is happening so she has a better idea. I think she enjoyed going with me. She was able to ask questions, see where our transfer would be done... She was also able to give me my shot. She asked the nurse to draw my circles on my butt again so she'd have something to aim for.

My meds were doubled and I was on my way. On my way home I'd scheduled my TCM appointment and I went over my dates with them. They got me into acupuncture and adjusted my herbs from the "bring back menstruation" concoction to the "hold pregnancy" concoction. I have one more appointment scheduled before the big day. They were very firm I should not do an appointment after like many women do as they felt the needles are too powerful disrupting energy channels once an embryo is placed.

That night she was rather horrified at the size of the needle and I'm not quite sure who it was more painful for...her or me to get / receive it. She poked me and asked again, "how far does this go in?" All. The. Way. *gulp* She was very gentle.

I'd done a Yoni steam and castor oil pack last Monday and I can't help but wonder if that is what helped build my lining. Unfortunately, since we've had company non stop I've been unable to repeat it. I have been guzzling my POM juice like a good little girl (POM juice helps build endometrial lining.)

Tomorrow morning I'm back to my fertility doctor to get the final go ahead. I'm praying my lining is nice and fluffy and is a perfect triple stripe. I want to talk to the doctor as well about embryos downgrading in the thaw and at one point we will move from our "transfer one" to "transfer two" stance if that happens.

So much going on!

Well, my company will be gone tonight and my hubby is out of town so I'm on my own for shots. Tonight is just the one, but tomorrow (if all goes according to plan) I'll be starting the progesterone which is the more painful of the two. Fingers and toes crossed I'm as gentle as my husband and mom were.

I'll keep you posted.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment